golf swing

What is the name of fringed leather flap on traditional golf shoes?

Posted by admin
golf shoes
Katharine Northfield asked:

There is a specific term to describe this hand-sized detachable leather flap that attaches on top of golf shoes with same laces that close the shoe. The original purpose of flap was probably to protect shoes at lace opening. Now, it’s used more as a classic touch on saddle shoes, whether for golf or street “school girl” shoes. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT FLAP IS CALLED???

Scented Floating Candles
Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Bumpzee
  • Facebook
  • Furl
  • Mixx
  • NewsVine
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • YahooMyWeb
  • Google

  • Stinks, they do. Can someone help with cleaning golf shoes?
  • Corporate Christmas Gifts
  • Can someone use golf shoes as casual shoes?
  • What are the best brands/models of golf shoes in the $70-$100 range for a relatively new golfer?
  • Where can I find golf shoes for my 3 year old?
  • Is it possible to turn ordinary shoes into golf shoes?
  • How can you tell if certain shoes are golf shoes?
  • No Responses to “What is the name of fringed leather flap on traditional golf shoes?”

    1. GreenGirl Says:

      An option also called tongue but not common reference.